Be well rested-
- Schedule exam in morning before your breakfast for a natural fast of 9-12 hours without food.
- Do not drink anything but water before your exam.
- Do not drink alcohol the night before
- Make sure to take all medications- on schedule per doctors orders- NO need to hide blood pressure or cholesterol medications.
- Do NOT perform a vigorous exercise for at least 24 hours before the exam–
- Do NOT take ANY type of Protein Supplements for at least 2 days before the exam
- Of course, it goes without saying to be mindful that you will be tested for drugs that are not of prescription nature, as well as for tobacco- tobacco shows up at least 3 days since last use.
- In addition, in the rare event that you need an EKG ( heartbeat test) make sure to remove all metallic jewelry.
Men Specific: Please do not have “relations” or ejaculation for at least 24 hours before your exam – This raises your PSA level and may provide a false reading.
Woman Specific: Please do not schedule your exam near your monthly menstruation. Doing so may cause you to flunk your urinalysis due to blood cells found in urine.
Most important -relax- and remember it is NORMAL for the examiner to take your blood pressure 3 times not just once.